About Me

My photo
Bangalore, India
I write at times, and whenever I do, I try to experiment with my work. Monotony kills me. Read on, you will know why the blog is called the 'winds of change'.

Friday, June 10, 2011

POINTLESS

It has been a long time that I have sat down and written something. Oh wait, the last one was my farewell mail. Two mails in fact - one for the master, one for the dame and one for the little boy who lives down the lane. But doesn’t that make it three mails then? Ha! Gotcha! I was just checking your mathematical proficiency. Quite deplorable I must say. So yes, where were we? Fare thee well and the jazz. Yes. But jazz? Really? I do not quite understand jazz music. I prefer slow rock or blues. It suits my nature. That reminds me of last year’s Earth hour day. I convinced a bunch of friends to go to this palatial mall and watch the city go dark for one hour in the night. Well, that was my idea of doing something for the nature or some such.

Ideas are galore but too less time to implement all. Unlike the famous (or infamous) ads by Idea which were implemented fine, but were didactic and annoying. You know what annoys me the most? People! People, who don’t speak the truth, but speak absolutely unnecessary things behind your back which have never happened in real. And as quoted in some t-shirt I had seen long ago, the problem with real life is that there is no background music. Fancy that!

Haha! Fancy. Fancy dress competitions back in school; the safest way to make a complete fool of oneself. But the funny thing was that others were fools too. So you, taking part in the competition, would not be branded as a more or a lesser fool. Oh what a fool! I forgot to tell you about this latest touch phone I bought a while ago. Turns out, smart phone, as they say, is the next “hot” thing in the market. I liked it very. I used to play games on it, check mails, make calls and so on and so forth. But I somehow found it excruciatingly slow and sold it off to my office colleague at a much lesser price.

Office used to be fun. The morning would start with a long tea-drinking session followed by inconsequential talks with my cubicle mate. Nothing eventful generally used to happen. Therefore, I used to make an ordinary event sound special, such as, seeing a caterpillar near the fountain or finding a cockroach in the curry from the cafeteria. Absolutely ordinary events, I tell you. The day would end with a bus ride back home, where I would see familiar faces on the bus or I would not see any faces at all because I would be fast asleep!

How much can one sleep anyway? After four years of engineering course followed by two years of IT job, I cannot but think of only sleep and some respite. Not long sleeps but. Lot of small naps. But what’s the point now? I am sitting in front of the computer, typing out something and not worried about sleep. Did you say ghost? Nah! Too harsh a word for me. I am a normal person who loves to check mails, and at times, read the same mail again and again. Sigh. So now that I am done writing all the farewell mails because I quit my job, I am jobless and should write something nice. Any pointers, anyone?

3 comments:

Shreya said...

That's a crazy one! :p

Sarah Banerjee said...

:P

sourabh sanghi said...

i am reading the post six months after you wrote it !!! and what timing i had some work in the dept that u used to work in :) and then through this post i come to know that you have left your job :) !!