About Me

My photo
Bangalore, India
I write at times, and whenever I do, I try to experiment with my work. Monotony kills me. Read on, you will know why the blog is called the 'winds of change'.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

IF

If you let me fly today,
I may lose my way.
If you set me now free,
I may never come back to thee.

If you hold my hand tight,
I may never learn to fight.
If you tie me down with a chain,
I may fight my way out of the pain.

If you throw me into the sea,
I may find it difficult to breathe.
If you let me explore the depth of the seas,
I may get to see beautiful animals and coral reefs.

If you smear dirt on my face,
I may find it full of shame and disgrace.
If you paint my face with filth,
I may learn eternal beauty is a myth.

If you kiss me on a night that is moonlit,
I may mistake it to be love, so sweet.
If you let us come close and closer,
I may start believing in a life of love and no fear.

If you promise to be with me forever,
I may want to depend on you forever.
If you assure me of leaving me never,
I may build our dreams together.

(Footnote: Well there is a pattern in the poem (not the rhyme,no) but something subtle. The hint is that something peculiar is repeated in every stanza. The tone may be? Or the contrasting options? Read again :) )

4 comments:

Diwakar Sinha said...

at the crossroads of options, we await destiny's green light for that particular If which directs the next step...
well written.

Sarah Banerjee said...

Thanks!! :) And yes, you got the idea just right :)

Shreya said...

Daarun likhechhen Tona Debi! :D

Sarah Banerjee said...

Woohooo!! Thanks Tinna Debi! That inspires me to start blogging again. Come on Sis, we both should!! \m/