About Me

My photo
Bangalore, India
I write at times, and whenever I do, I try to experiment with my work. Monotony kills me. Read on, you will know why the blog is called the 'winds of change'.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

THE FEAR

You thought you are a free bird.

You thought you can perch on any tree you want.

But little did you know not every tree welcomes visitors.

The tree owners were perilous,

Blood thirsty eyes and pointed claws.

You shivered, you shuddered, you let out a shriek.

You reconsider your idea of perching on any tree.

8 comments:

Muthukrishnan Rajaram said...

:) "Blood thirsty eyes and pointed claws"
heh.

ememict

Sarah Banerjee said...

Word verified.
Comment verified.
:P :P :P

Hobbes said...

I can see its metaphorical but cant figure out what for. Enlightenment pliss :)

Sarah Banerjee said...

@Amrith: Oh one of my mood swings..haha..I'm sure I have told you about it!! You just dont remember..as always. Sighhh... :P

GHR said...

Sounds like your take on the whole "stop immigrants from taking over our city/state/nation" movement. It's about time Mother Earth spoke up and told all the hate-mongers that nobody owns her. :(

Sarah Banerjee said...

@Ganga : That was not the connotation behind the post but I like the way you looked at it..interesting! :)

GHR said...

Maybe an overdose of news, but that was the first thing that came to my mind when I read your poem. :D Pray tell me what the connotation was behind the post, as you intended it to be. :)

Shreya said...

I just imagined a bird and a tree which is not nice.. :p