About Me

My photo
Bangalore, India
I write at times, and whenever I do, I try to experiment with my work. Monotony kills me. Read on, you will know why the blog is called the 'winds of change'.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

THE BUBBLE

Let’s prick the bubble,
That once made you smile.
The smile was beautiful,
Oh it was incredible!

Let’s prick the bubble,
That once made you cry.
Ocean of tears,
Tears of fury.

Let’s prick the bubble,
Because you must.
Don’t be scared,
Don’t hesitate.

Let’s prick the bubble,
For it was temporary.
Bitter and sweet memories,
It did carry.

Let’s prick the bubble,
It’s meant to go away.
Only your true self must remain,
And you, all the way!

8 comments:

Muthukrishnan Rajaram said...

:) facebook-like 'like'! :p
and yeah, last stanza: nod :)

GHR said...

Prick the bubble
It's meant to go away..
Prick the bubble
Before it bursts on its own anyway..


Reminds me of how people create this bubble around themselves at the start of a relationship, since they are trying too hard to impress one another. Once they get comfortable with each other and the bubble bursts, it usually ends with them making a compromise, or drifting apart in disbelief. *sigh*
Was this poem a wake-up call to someone like this, to burst the bubble sooner rather than later? :P

Nice work, made me sit up and chew a piece of bubble gum so I could blow and burst bubbles. :D

Sarah Banerjee said...

@Muthu : Yay! :D
@Ganga : Someone is experienced I see ;)

Shreya said...

Girly, me liked it..! :)
Fatafati..! :D

GHR said...

ah.. you can call me experienced, but most of what I know is from observation. :) I can tell you from experience that one can learn more about human psychology by spending one afternoon watching people in a shopping mall than by reading a textbook. :D

Rukiya said...

Sarah, I love it!! its my status msg as a tribute to ur awesome writing skills! keep it up \m/

Rukiya said...

just so u know, Rukiya is me -- Pooja :)

Sarah Banerjee said...

Thanks a lot, Pooja :)