About Me

My photo
Bangalore, India
I write at times, and whenever I do, I try to experiment with my work. Monotony kills me. Read on, you will know why the blog is called the 'winds of change'.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

UP AND DOWN

Yes I think I know what I may do.
So paint the town red and the sky blue?

Surely not so, the artist in me spoke.
Splattering colors is not a joke.

The world looks like a canvas to me.
With dreams and spirit set free.

Red Cherry, Yellow Pumpkin,Green Grass, Blue Sea.
Oh Look! How pretty they be.

Ordinary men and women, or extraordinary bat and ball.
Painting puts life in all.

(Footnote : Now read it in a reverse order - start with the bottom-most line and end with the top-most line. Its a poem nevertheless. An ambigram poem is what I call it.)

8 comments:

Muthukrishnan Rajaram said...

:):):) Oh man! Even the mood kind of changes when you read the other way! :)

Very nice! :) Thumbs up & pats many.

Deepak said...

wow!!! brillianto!!

Shreya said...

thats so awesome lady..! :)
loved it..!

Hobbes said...

Super... very clever indeed ... Ambigram poem is good coinage too :P


Cheers

GHR said...

The "ambigram" touch was brilliant! Just curious, did you write the poem with the ambigram thing in mind, or did it just come out this way? Either way, it's nice. :)

Sudhir Pai said...

Hey, just stumbled upon your blog, and this one was the first post I read. Brilliant! Now to read the rest of your blog. :)

PS: Nice name too, Sarahgamapa. :D

Sarah Banerjee said...

@Muthu,Deepu,Didi,Amrith : Thankoooos!! *Bows* :D

@GHR : Hehe..thanks. I first came up with the idea and then wrote the poem :)

@Pai : Thank u Thank u! Compliment coming from you means a lot! :)

Ankur Oberai said...

"Wow" is the word...