About Me

My photo
Bangalore, India
I write at times, and whenever I do, I try to experiment with my work. Monotony kills me. Read on, you will know why the blog is called the 'winds of change'.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

AND IT CONTINUES...

Julia : Zen philosophy is brilliant. I am in love with it. Just so you know, the whole point of Zen practice is to become fully aware, here and now. Meditation is one of the ways to attain that state.

Roger : Yes yes. Truly interesting (clears throat). Hey tell me something, is mediation also the reason for the healthy glow on your skin? (chuckles)

Julia : Xerif has spoken! Oh I am so blessed. Thanks so much for the kind words (rolls eyes).

Roger : Whatever that means. So what’s for dinner?

Julia : Vegetables!

Roger : Usually, we eat fish on Tuesdays. Don’t we?

Julia : There is no fish in the freezer. So, can’t help it.

Roger : Sure. And why do you have to get all grouchy suddenly?

Julia : Reason would be..umm..yes here - For the umpteenth time, you were sarcastic!

Roger : Queer. I just asked a plain question. Is meditation doing well to your skin!

Julia : Predominantly that meant “Why exactly are you wasting time on meditation?”

Roger : Oh! I so did not realize that. Anyway, let’s eat something. I am famished!

Julia : No! Not unless you apologize to me!

Roger : Me? Apologize? For what?

Julia : Like I said before, I dint like your behaviour. How about saying sorry for that?

Roger : Karma can be a real bit*h (murmurs). Sorry Ma’am!

Julia : Jesus! You just don’t stop making fun. Do you? Go away!

Roger : I shall go away. Most certainly. But can we not eat something before that?

Julia : Heights! Forget it! Why am I even spoiling my temperament and health for a trivial issue like this! Let me just calm down. I guess I am being irritable for no reason. There is after all fish in the freezer. Let me cook it for you.

Roger : Gracias! Finally, you accept your mistake! You are such a doll. Love you girl!

Julia : “Finally, you accept your mistake?” What?

Roger : Exactly! It’s alright. It’s fine.

Julia : Do you not hear the disbelief in my tone? Mistake? Me? Are you kidding me? I was just being good to you. I don’t like to pick fights. But okay. Looks like someone wants to extend the argument. Go on Roger! Pour your heart out. The “doll” is listening!

Roger : Crap! There you start again. I will watch TV! Yes! Woo hooo!!

Julia : Bah! Why do I even talk! I am not talking! There, I said it. I am not talking to you anymore.

Roger : Amen!

(Footnote : Do you notice some pattern? ;) Its not the tone of the conversation, but has got something to do with the way the dialogs have been written :))

7 comments:

Muthukrishnan Rajaram said...

Heh, nice, nice! :) yes pattern observed. sent in mail, to keep it interesting for others who read :) pat pat pat on back for the pattern thing. Proud! :)

Shreya said...

wowsome..! :D
I noticed the 'all too familiar' pattern.. ;)

Hobbes said...

Pattern? What pattern?
Nice read though ...

Cheers

Sarah Banerjee said...

@Muthu : Danke! :D
@Dids : Not what you are thinking, but you know by now! :D
@Amrith : Look at the way the dialogs have been told/written. Thats a give away! :-|

GHR said...

Hmmm.. Couldn't figure out the pattern wattern, dumbwit that I am.. :| But this one reminded me of the husband-wife conversations on Basic Instructions (a webcomic).. Sample this..
http://basicinstructions.net/basic-instructions/2009/6/18/how-to-prevail-in-a-battle-of-wills.html

Sarah Banerjee said...

@GHR : Something to do with the letters..Give away. Big time!! Get it right! :D And will check out the site..

GHR said...

Ah.. now that I got it, I feel really stupid to have missed it.. :| or careless, maybe.. Good job nevertheless. :)