About Me

My photo
Bangalore, India
I write at times, and whenever I do, I try to experiment with my work. Monotony kills me. Read on, you will know why the blog is called the 'winds of change'.

Friday, February 19, 2010

ONE FINE DAY

I look around. It’s still dark outside. I can happily catch up on some sleep. Oh last night was good. Nice music, juicy meat and lot of eye-candies! Bliss! And boy! Some attention I got yesterday. People just couldn’t get enough of me. I know I m sounding all pompous now, but come on! Who does not like to be the center of attention?! It’s but natural. Say, all the celebrities who put on so much of make up for some 2 hour show! Such limelight stealers I tell you. Little do they understand that it’s nice if kept subtle and natural.

I think I should just get up. Stretching arms and then just lolling in the bed feels so nice. Have a long day ahead! Sigh. Ok I should just shake off the slumber and get my ass moving! Time for morning walk! Yippie! I simply love it. The way the cool breeze touches the face is so reinvigorating. There will be leaves and flowers lying on the streets and the moment I walk over them, they will make this crunching sound. Oh so nice! I am completely a nature person. No two ways about it. I also like observing people. There will be people walking with their dogs or just walking by themselves. I wonder what they all would be thinking about while they walk.

It’s getting late. Where’s Suzanne? She is supposed to be at the gate by now. I hate it when I have to wait for people. When I can wake up on time, why can’t she! Ah there she is, walking down the stairs, lazily. I decide that I won’t talk to her. She looks at me dreamily, gives me a hug, pats my back, and cuddles me. Ya right! And I should forget about the long wait eh? No way. I am not reciprocating. We anyway go for a walk. I notice that she is quieter than usual. Probably she did not sleep well or is worried about something. To think of, she was weirdly silent even in the party last night. She generally tells me everything. Whether she listens to my opinion or not is a different story. But today is different. I don’t like her this way. So, ahem… I swallow my ego and touch her hand gently. I think she liked it because she is smiling at me now. Yay! She likes me, I am sure. But being a strong believer of subtlety, I kept it subtle. Just a touch is good enough.

I come back home and eat breakfast. Suzanne had told me that her mother wanted to see me. I wonder why. I personally don’t like her. She is one snooty old hag. Oops! Pardon my French. So after a while she comes, sees me and then just leaves. I m like ‘whatever’! I don’t go out and decide to sleep again. I hear some startling sound and that wakes me up from my peaceful sleep. I look around. It seemed like its noon. Just then I notice someone wearing a black coat and a black hat trying to pry the house door open. He has a knife in his hand. He seems like a burglar. What the hell? Why noon but? I put a stop to my thoughts, run towards him and then deftly jump on him. He loses his balance, falls on the floor and hastily runs towards the gate. He manages to escape. Damn!

Suzanne comes running from her neighbour’s place and I am, for some reason excited on seeing her. She looks disturbed though. She sees the knife on the floor and a black hat lying on the floor. She nods her head in understanding. I think she understands what has just happened. Smart girl that she is. She lets me enter the house, makes a few phone calls and disappears into the kitchen. In the meantime, I am just looking at the wonderful wall paintings. Has she painted those, I wonder. Things are placed in an organized manner. I am impressed. Also it’s so much warmer and cozier inside. Just then, Suzanne comes with a bowl of milk, keeps it on the floor and smiles at me. I know that’s my prize. I gleefully start licking it. After that, she lets me sleep on her lap and strokes me gently. And I think to myself ‘every dog has its day’.

1 comment: