About Me

My photo
Bangalore, India
I write at times, and whenever I do, I try to experiment with my work. Monotony kills me. Read on, you will know why the blog is called the 'winds of change'.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

BEING "HAPPY HIGH"

After much procrastination, the Electronic City elevated expressway got to see the light of the day on Jan 22, 2010. For those of you don’t know, it’s a 9-km long flyover, the longest in Bangalore and the second largest in the entire country. It’s mainly constructed to reduce the traffic congestion on the ever busy Hosur Road.

Now like the other commuters, I was hoping to travel by the flyover soon. And after one hopelessly long day at work, our bus driver had a little surprise in store for all of us. We were to take the flyover! My joy knew no bound. As the bus started moving over the flyover, I looked around. People were as amused as I was. The smile on my face kept increasing by an inch with every passing kilometer. When we were somewhere in the middle of the expressway, I could see the top of the buildings whose only entrance gates I had seen previously. People and vehicles manoeuvering below now looked like toys straight out of the toy world. This may seem like an exaggeration and you may even feel that this is my first time on a flyover, but let me tell you that it is not so. I’m gonna get a little carried away here, so bear with me. You see, I have always believed that there is a child in our heart. That whole ten minute ride over the flyover that day was brilliant because it was not just me smiling but everyone on the bus (as much as I could see that is) was smiling along with me. This innocent glee was dripping from everyone’s face. There were excitement, thrill and twinkling eyes around; just like a kid who has been taken to a flyover or a roller coaster ride for the first time.

I have been in a state of “happy high” before but this was different. I was happy. And I was high, literally and figuratively. I loved it, nevertheless.

2 comments:

Muthukrishnan Rajaram said...

spnbp :)

Shreya said...

Me seeing this post so late but didn't realise that u like a flyover ride.. ;)